Friday, January 23, 2009

I love my state but...



So I guess this first entry doesn't have much to do with advertising per say but it's still a blatant disregard of grammatical integrity.

I was looking on the back of my car registration sticker and this jumped out at me:

Check the date, love your state

This my friends, is the epitome of a comma splice. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they printed millions of these but I do know this: they must have been pretty proud of it. I say that because the saying is actually trademarked. So this actually ran across several people's desks and every one of them thought it sounded good. And I'm sure the people who made this decision make a a lot more money than us.

Frustrating, I know. But this is the grammatically incorrect world that we now live in...

No comments:

Post a Comment